BAMFORD SHEEP DOG TRIALS ASSOCIATION RULES
- Each dog shall be judged on points.
- Competitors and dogs must be ready to take to the field immediately after the previous run has finished.
- The Committee reserves the right to remove from the ground any dog considered unfit from any cause whatsoever.
- No dog will be able to run twice in one class unless the judge considers that it had been unfortunate.
- If a dog injures any sheep the owner of the dog shall pay for the damage and the dog shall be disqualified.
- The judge may order dogs who have equal points to compete again.
- Each competitor to fold sheep after working.
- Judges are empowered to call off any dog showing insufficient merit when working.
- Any objection or complaint must be made in writing after the course has been completed and handed to the Secretary together with a fee of £5.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- No entries will be accepted unless accompanied with the correct entry fee.
- Only one competitor’s entry per form will be accepted. Further copies of the entry forms may be downloaded from the Association’s website.
- The running order will be drawn by ballot.
- Competitors should be on the field in good time to compete. The running order will be as published in the Trials programme. A run, including a vacant or forfeited run, cannot be sold or transferred to another competitor. Any competitor not present when his/her name is called shall forfeit that run. Exchange of published running slots is permissible by notifying the competitions secretary, Alison Golden, no later than 72 hours before the start of the trial. A morning or afternoon run may only be exchanged for a similar run.
- All competitors must report to the Course Director, Peter Wood, on arrival.
- No competitor, or person connected in any way with the competitor, will be allowed to have any contact whatsoever with the judges during the trials without the consent of the Course Director. The committee reserve the right to disqualify any competitor infringing this rule.
- Any competitor who contravenes any of the rules or regulations for the trials, or who during the trials, or after they are over, is guilty of conduct which, in the opinion of the committee, is prejudicial to the interests of the Association, shall, in addition to any penalty which may be imposed upon him/her at the trials, be liable to disqualification from competing at the Association’s trials for such period as the Committee may decide.
- The Competitors’ Secretary will keep a list of competitors’ names and addresses for the purpose of sending schedules to previous runners. This will be held securely and reviewed on an annual basis in accordance with the association’s Data Protection Policy, a copy of which is published on the website. Please tick the box on the entry form if you do not consent to BSDTA keeping your information.
Bamford Sheepdog Trials
Bamford Sheepdog Trials